There are so many plans we hope to achieve and the end result is getting closer. We have done a ton of research and planning and everything is lining up. The biggest hurdle we are facing now is timing. For the business model we are looking to launch and to be profitable would have to start about now. And we won’t be ready until August.
So the question is, do we hold off and continue planning and make sure every I is dotted and T is crossed and launch next season? Or do we just go for it and see what happens. My gut says hold off but my heart says go for it.
My heart has led me into hazardous situations before. It’s not always about love, mostly passion. I become so passionate about something that it takes hold of me. Sometimes that’s a good thing, sometimes it leads to poor decisions.
I know I haven’t divulged what this business is. I’m keeping it on the down low for a reason. It would be the first of its kind in Canada. That’s a big deal. Which is why I know it will work. I’ve seen this type of business thrive in many parts of the world. I’ve been doing my due diligence, and research and case studies and I know it in my gut that it will work.
So what next
Honestly there are still so many parts that need to line up before we can launch. The city has approved a permit program for us, “step one”. We have a knowledge of most of the financials, but have yet to get financing. I have a few phone calls yet to make in that regard. The government has many grant programs to help us which would cover a large chunk of the start up costs and also loan programs for the rest. It’s completely viable but still scary. I’ve never started a business of this magnitude. I’ve done a few side hustles before, but this could lend itself to total independence if done right.
So there it is
We are just a few steps away from making this happen. But since it’s a season permitting business, do we launch in August, or do we wait? That is the question.